Monday 12 January 2009

How Embarrassment!!


Anyone who used to watch 'Acropolis Now' in the 1990s would know that is Effie's (Mary Coustas' character) catch phrase. And it describes Saturday's forgetfulness to a tea....

I mistook the dates. I thought the 10th was on Sunday. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong! 

I was running errands when I realised that I was meant to be at a lunch with the SARA crew (South Australian Romance Authors). It started at 12 and it was 1. 

Well to cut a long story short, I did manage to make it - one and half hours later!! And the ladies were amused... as a Greek I had to make a late appearance!

I'm one who admits her mistakes...yep and here I am telling the world, but how could I pass up the opportunity to say 'How Embarrassment'? *snicker* 

While I couldn't find the classic line, here's a little bit of Effie:

2 comments:

Mon Wood said...

Oh, I can completely sympathise!! I have a tendency to get dates wrong.

I used to LOVE Acropolis Now. I remember seeing Effie live on stage as well. Ah, the memories!! :-)

Eleni Konstantine said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one Mon. And wasn't Acropolis Now great. I never saw the original cast in Wogs Out of Work or Wogorama unfortunately but the shows were still funny. And yep, seeing that clip made me laugh and remember the good old 80s and the 'Guisy' hairstyles (may be an Adelaide term only, not sure). LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...