Sunday 14 December 2008

Seeking inspiration

Well have been busy of late with other commitments (including watching my precious godson at his Christmas show - so cute!) but also trying to polish the book. Slower than I expected but still going forward. And what helps keep me going - well having the reward of reading only one chapter of a book for every chapter I polish of my manuscript. The book of choice ATM is Anna Campbell's Claiming the Courtesan. Great read.....

I even entered the first paragraph competition that agent Nathan Bransford had on his blog. Didn't make the cut but that's cool. I did enjoy reading the 6 finalists work and there was a range of genre and style. What really surprised me was some of the narky comments people made. Nathan has left the voting up to the commentators on his blog and instead of supporting those who had become finalists, there were some 'well I'm not voting because I hated them' type comments. Well sorry, you don't like them, don't comment!  Sorry but it annoyed the hell out of me. 

Pretty soon I will have to come up with my goals for 2009.  Eeeek!

But to help me delay...I mean inspire me, here are some things that I have come across on the net.

The next movie in the Terminator stories comes out in May, called Terminator Salvation with Christian Bale as John Connor. Woo Hoo!


From You Tube

SciFiGuy has the following video about book covers in the paranormal romance market field with the trend for tatts, weapons, and classic poses. Interesting - though the artwork is fantastic despite these 'trends'.




Also one of my favourite television series ever, Farscape, will be having webisodes made but no mention when.  Can't wait for that one.

Also lastly but not least is that fellow Bootcamper Hannah has SOLD two books to Harlequin Romance!!!! She will be writing under the name of Nikki Logan and her first book is due out January 2010. Can't wait! Check her out her fantastic website, A Romance with Nature
Fantastic Hannah, I mean Nikki!! 

Yia!


6 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Eleni, thanks for the plug! I'm delighted you enjoyed the big blue monster! Happy Christmas!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Anna - it definitely is a book worth plugging! Enjoying the big blue monster (LOL!) very much. Christmas wishes back to you!

Christina Phillips said...

Great links, Eleni, thank you because now I'll have to go and check them all out before I open up my wip!!!

and btw I am still obsessing over that new BS DVD..! We just watched the last series over again and you know what it's like - I've got severe withdrawal symtoms again!!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

That's right Christina, I'm just a bad influence when it comes to procrastinating.... or is that a good influence for inspiration? (heee heee).

I have taken up watching other TV series on DVD to try and keep me away from the BG blues. Right now getting into The Sopranos. I really didn't watch it when it was on TV. Up to season 2, so that will keep me going hopefully until the new year ;)

CAM said...

I laughed when I heard about the adverse commenters....I have this belief that there are some folk out there who just can't help themselves....I once got a comment back on a FANTASY piece that went like this..."This doesn't seem realistic. I don't think this would be like this in reality. This must be some fantasy world you've written about?" Deary me :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes it is laughable CAM. Honestly these people! And your story is a classic - I'm still shaking my head over it. Maybe they got the wrong pile? LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...