Saturday 25 October 2008

Bits and pieces

Well I hope to be able to do a post with Bits and Pieces of info that I come across....

First of all, we've started a round robin of introducing you to the Bootcampers and what we write. First cabs of the rank are Dana and Janine. To visit, click here.

Next, it's NaNoWriMo is in November - that is the National Novel Writing month. It's goal is for writers to write 50 000 words in one month. The 50ks in 30Days ladies are going to go ahead with this. I will be cheering them from the sidelines and will not be joining in as I did in June. You can check out how they go by visiting their blog.

Christina Phillips has her debut book 'Foretaste for Forever' out now with The Wild Rose Press. It was released yesterday but I'm sure her launch party will still be going at her blog. *vbg*


Now when I saw this I was instantly transported back to my childhood watching the show on TV and in the commercials making up storylines for the characters... Buck Rogers!!

The figurine....




And even though the following is from 2006, the South Park take of Cartman doing a Buck Rogers (love it!):


source: SFX

7 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Ack! I remember watching Buck Rogers!! At the moment I'm waiting for the next series of Battlestar Galactia. Hate waiting!

Thanks for coming to my blog party, Eleni!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Glad could join in your blog party Christina.

As for BG - apparently it's going to air in the US in January. 10 more episodes before the big finale. *sad face* I hate waiting too!

Shelley Munro said...

Hi Eleni - thanks for stopping by my blog. It's funny you should mention Buck Rogers because hubby and I have just got Sky and I see Buck Rogers is playing on one of the channels. I used to love that show when I was a kid.

Christina Phillips said...

Oh that's really weird. For some reason I thought the next series had already been aired in the US - I've been hanging out to get the DVD for Christmas! Looks like I'll have to wait for NEXT Christmas now!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Shelley - It was a pleasure talking about stationery on your blog. Did I tell you how much I love stationery?!!! LOL!

Oh, to see Buck Rogers again! I haven't seen it in years. Should see if they have released it in DVD - they seem to be releasing everything else.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina - they have aired up to the mid-season finale in the US. Sorry to ruin your Christmas plans. There was the whole writer's strike thing that interfered with production, I believe. :((

Christina Phillips said...

Oh that explains it. I'm relieved I didn't imagine the whole thing because that would mean I was completely nuts!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...