Wednesday 18 June 2008

Over the 20K mark!

Yay me!! Yes I'm at 23,421 words - see my little book counter go up on the right (on the site for those receiving this via feed). So almost half way. Abit behind but what the hell, I think I'm achieving more than I seriously thought I would be able to. So little happy dance!

Some of the ladies have seriously floored me with already reaching the 50K. Awe-inspiring, I tell you. Felicity, RC, Sandie!! Also a pat on the back for my fellow Bootcampers Alison, Hannah, and Tracey. And the SA contigent (Sharon, Lynn). Actually...great going everyone. Check out the blog.

I'm enjoying the way Delta is going. I thought it would be a novella but I'm over 23K and it's still getting interesting, flinging more questions than answers. LOL! It's alive! Maybe it won't be a mammoth like Alpha but it certainly wont be the 15-20K that I intially envisioned. LOL! Funny how I can either do short short stories or novels, but have yet to do something in between!!

Happy Writing...
Yia!

11 comments:

Sandie Hudson said...

YAY Eleni, great going on the word count. Glad you are enjoying your writing it makes it so much easier.

Hugs
Sandie

Christina Phillips said...

Great going on the word count Eleni! LOL at your novel being alive - I'd never looked at it that way before but I love it!

Eleni Konstantine said...

thanks Sandie and Christina - i'm just having fun (despite a bad back). I want to reach the 50K mark or as close to as I can. And it helps when the story is flowing - albiet in different directions. Glad you liked the 'alive' part Christina!!

Rachael Johns said...

I'm envious of you being able to write shorts! I can't conquer them at all... mine always go at least 40k!

Tannia said...

Yay you! I've been wading through molasses all week - too many other things going on to focus. Hope I'll join you enjoying the WIP over the next few days. Happy dancing for 20K.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Rachael, it's been awhile since i've written a short story from scratch. Should do one soon so I can see if I still can. My first MS after the first draft was 150Ks!! LOL! So I tend to be a tiny bit wordy... :)

Tannia, thanks for the happy dance. I've given up housework for the month. LOL! Hope you get back into enjoying your MS very soon :)

Sussan Marz said...

Great going Eleni! I'm like Tania, been wading through molasses all week. Next week will be no better. Oh well, I can enjoy the success of others.

Gail Symmonds said...

Hi Eleni

Nice going on the word count. I've also been floored by the fact some have already reached 50000 words.

Gail :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Sussan and Gail. I've taken a slump over the last few days but I hope to be back in the swing of things soon. Good luck to you both :)

CAM said...

Isn't it funny how it is so like body surfing...you keep jumping on waves and they amount to nothing but then you jump one and it turns out to carry you all the way to the beach...it is so great to hear that your writing is roaring along like that and that you've caught the wave!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks CAM!! And you're right. You just need the right wave don't you? I had a couple of wipeouts but have found a new wave.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...