Sunday 18 May 2008

RWA Roadshow success in Adelaide

Yep, it was a great day yesterday at the SA Writer's Centre. The Romance Writers of Australia's first Roadshow was a success in my most humble opinion and judging by the smiles, the enthusiasm and the laughter, I think everyone who attended thought so too.

Our wonderful speakers included RWA's president Anne Gracie, Marion Lennox, and local gal Trish Morey. Other local authors were Elizabeth Rolls, Claire Baxter, and Anne Oliver. Aren't we lucky to have such talented writers in our midsts!

The day was full of fantastic information, workshops, wonderful discussions about writing......and food....of course. And we were not exactly a quiet group at our dinner. I'm sure other patrons at the restaraunt wondered who the hell we were. LOL!

We Adelaide writers are indebted to Trish, who did a wonderful job of pulling it all together. And the SARA group (South Australian Romance Authors) felt honoured to have contributed some help for the day. So if you are in WA and have been wondering if you should attend - I recommend you do so.

Hip-Hip-Hooray: what a glorious day!!

Yia :)

12 comments:

Rachael Blair said...

I can't hardly wait for next Saturday in Perth. Thanks for the taster...

Eleni Konstantine said...

I'm sure you'll have a fun day Rachael :)

Trish Morey said...

What a great and honest report Eleni!

It was a fabulous day from go to whoa and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Thanks for being part of it and thanks for all your help besides. It all contributed to make it a great day indeed.

And roll on Perth!

See you there RACH!

Trish

Eleni Konstantine said...

I'm nothing if not honest Trish ;) It was a fab day so of course had to let everyone know. Fun and productive - what a combo. I'm happy to have been part of it and to have been able to provide a helping hand. It's you that we all need to thank for all your hard work!

Anna Campbell said...

Eleni, thanks for posting. I was wondering how it went. Sounds like fabbo fun, not to mention very, very productive. Wish I could have come. I love getting together with my romance pals! Thanks for Anne G, Linda, Anne O, Pam and Claire for being involved and especially to Trish who did all the organizing. What a fantastic idea the Roadshow is.

robhap said...

Hi Guys, Had a fab day....and l now have all this enthusiasm to finish my manuscripts, only wish l had an alpha or my lap top on the way home. My 12hour trip, could have been more worthy if l was writing. Thanks to Trish and her team, a great workshop.ROBHAP

Sussan Marz said...

Wish I could've been there :-(.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Anna, it is great catching up with romance writer pals isn't it. And makin new ones too. Just love the community here in Australia and NZ. Such a sense of support and encouragement. It is a fantastic idea...here's to many more to come *hint hint*

Eleni Konstantine said...

Robhap it was wonderful seeing you there. Impressive because you travelled 12 hours to get to Adelaide. That's commitment! And also admirable that you were the only man who attended. *applause* Hoping more male romance writers join us next time... Yes an alphie or a laptop is useful for a trip such as yours, but I'm sure some good old fashioned paper and pen would do in a pinch *grin*

Eleni Konstantine said...

Sussan, it would have been great to meet you in person. Maybe next time *grin* (love how I imply a next time - hee hee)

Christina Phillips said...

Eleni thanks for posting! Sounds like a great day - I'm so looking forward to the Perth roadshow on Saturday!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina - only 5 more sleeps!! Enjoy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...