Tuesday 1 April 2008

Play it Loud!

Went to the Maroon 5 concert yesterday and must say I thoroughly enjoyed myself. They play LOUD and I like loud!!! I must admit I wasn't overly familiar with their songs. I don't listen the radio like I used to (commercials annoy me), so am not as familiar with current music. But Maroon 5 put on a great show and their supporting acts (Brandi Carlisle, One Republic) were good also. I like that feeling of coming out of a concert with your ears pounding - actually my headache disappeared with the rhythm section. LOL!

I get inspired by a good concert and I've seen some great ones - KISS, Deep Purple, Jeff Healey, BB King, Pink... to name a few. I like writing to music but when it comes to editing, the music is usually instrumental as sometimes lyrics create a barrier for me. But whatever works for each story.
*Rock 'n' roll*

What about you? Do you find music helps in your creative process? And what type of music is it?

4 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Eleni, I don't tend to listen to music while actually writing, but when I wrote my Nocturne Bite a couple of months ago I played Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell CD until I wore it out!!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Christina,
Isn't it funny how each book is different in the creative process - including what music listened to and the type. And Meatloaf is a perfect choice when writing a Nocturne Bites!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Eleni,
Seeing I write sexy and sweet romance, the type of music I listen to is quite different from your music. :)

But, I love all music, Santana, Macie Gray, Theme song from the titantic, rock :)

Nice webpage btw.

Suz:)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Suzanne,
that's what i love about music tastes - it's like reading tastes - all varied and it doesn't have to be an all or none attitude. :) And glad you like the blog page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...